Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Bike Art

Have been messing with stencils lately, as evidenced by the bag picture I posted a couple weeks ago.

Here are two canvases I finished spraying last night...you know, cause real art goes on canvas, right?


This is Fausto Coppi, the Champion of Champions, in his classic climbing pose. I did this one with water color paper, which, in retrospect, gives too much tear out to be really good for stencil making.












This is Raymond Poulidor, the Eternal Second or Le Deuxieme Eternel. I cut this one out of an empty granola box and sprayed it up with Krylon Flat Black. That thin cereal box cardboard strikes the right balance between stiffness and cutability.








I have more of these. Email me if you want one. We'll work something out.

No comments: