Friday, May 15, 2009

Dilemma

So I've got two everyday bikes, a Bianchi Pista (I couldn't resist the chrome) and a Surly Cross Check. Both are set up as fixed. The Cross Check takes fenders and is a less tight ride overall. The Pista is fast. People hate on Pistas, but they fast.

Anyway, I also have an old Gios Torino Professional frame that I was planning on building up as another fixed gear, but that's stupid. Who needs three? Especially when that same person also wants a new road bike and maybe a freestyle BMX.

So what I'm thinking is I'll strip the Pista, move as many parts as possible onto the Gios, and then sell the frame. I can probably get $300 for it, and I can use that to finish off the Gios with a Cinelli stem and some other geeky shit.

What do you think of that plan?

No comments: