Friday, May 8, 2009

Things that have nearly hit me today

1) The School Bus - Just pulled right the hell out in front of me. Slammed on my brakes (yeah for having brakes on my bike!). Gave the universal sign for WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! Received apologetic wave. Rode on.

2) A Lexus SUV - This one I courted. He honked at a woman riding in front of me. I took it upon myself to harangue him, ride out in front of him tauntingly, ask him why he was in such a huge fucking rush to get to the red light thirty yards in front of us. Received one-finger-salute. Rode on.

3) The Brinks Truck - Yeah. 14,000 pounds of steel just cut over on me without signaling. Again, gave universal sign for WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!!? Again, received apologetic wave. Rode on.

Ran into a bike cop at lunchtime. Asked him what he thought about downtown traffic and whether he derives pleasure from writing tickets. He says he doesn't bother. "It's chaos down here," he reasons. "There's no changing it."

Will have video treat for you later. Because it's Friday. And that's what I do.

No comments: